Fotona 4D / 5D Laser Lift & Rejuvenation
One Laser, Five Treatments
Definition of the “4D” Treatment
The “4D” in Fotona refers to the four steps the treatment uses to tackle a variety of skin concerns. These four modes work synergistically to penetrate into the deeper, medial, and superficial connective structures of the skin for a more cohesive overall result compared to individual and separate treatments.
What is the 5th D?
On top of the four steps covered in the conventional Fotona 4D laser, SL Aesthetic Clinic has developed a fifth step to enhance the overall face lifting result. It encompasses a laser treatment on the hairline plus the face and neck to achieve increased lifting effects from the 4D protocol. More on that later.
How does Fotona 4D Laser work?
Fotona 4D Laser Lift & Rejuvenation is a 4-step laser treatment that uses lasers operating at two different wavelengths (Er:YAG and Nd:YAG).
As a whole, the Fotona 4D Laser Lift & Rejuvenation stimulates collagen contraction, giving you improved skin tightness and with time, skin elasticity due to the increase in collagen production.
It works by treating both the exterior of the skin of your face as well as from the inner oral cavity (the underside of your cheeks) to provide lifting of the mid-face from within. Some results can be seen immediately after, with continued improvement over time. Patients can expect:
- Lifting of the skin
- Tightening of loose skin
- Plumping up of skin elasticity
- Wrinkles become less pronounced
- Brightening of skin tone
The Fotona 4D Laser is performed using 4 different unique laser modes: SmoothLiftin™, FRAC3®, PIANO® and SupErficial™.
The SmoothLiftin™ mode delivers “bulk heating” to stimulate collagen contraction and production from inside the oral cavity to produce intra-oral tightening. There is no ablation and minimal pain.
Primary benefits: lifting and tightening of the skin for nasolabial folds, midface region, chin, cheeks, and mouth. There is also an additional benefit of adding plumpness to the treated areas, similar to the effect produced by a filler treatment.
Primary benefits: it is a 3D treatment that improves the appearance of sunspots, skin lesions, flushing, fine lines, pore size, uneven skin tone, and acne scarring.
The FRAC3® mode uses a fractional beam of light energy to target deeper imperfections of the skin. With FRAC3®, skin tissue surrounding treated areas remains unaffected, which means less downtime.
Primary benefits: the laser energy is delivered deep into the dermal layers of the skin while sparing the epidermis (outer layer of skin) to kick start the process of strengthening skin structures. This also has a tightening effect on areas with skin laxity (loose skin).
The PIANO® mode works by heating the skin from the outside, raising the skin temperature to a level optimal for skin tightening and collagen stimulation.
Primary benefits: gently exfoliates and smoothes skin surfaces, improving the appearance of fine lines and removing dead skin cells to produce a healthy glow and naturally smooth skin.
As its name suggests, the SupErficial™ mode is a gentle laser peel procedure that improves skin surface imperfections for a pearly smooth finish. This step uses Fotona’s patented VSP (Variable Square Pulse) technology which allows the doctor to control the light peel to a high degree, thereby minimising any thermal side effects.
Key Fotona 4D / 5D Laser Benefits:
- Non-invasive, non-injectable, low downtime
- Improves skin laxity and elasticity
- Tightens facial tissues for a lifted look
- Improves scarring, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation
- Improves pigmentation and uneven skin tone
- Minimises fine lines and pore size
- Gently exfoliates the skin and improves skin texture
Here are 3 reasons why you should do SL Aesthetic Clinic’s Fotona 5D
- In a full Fotona 5D treatment, our treatment time is 1-1.5 hours. This is longer than the standard treatment protocol of 30mins. Because of this extended treatment time, the effects of the Fotona 5D Laser are compounded for greater results.Hence, most of our patients are only required to have the treatment done once a year.
- Our Fotona Laser is equipped with additional hand pieces that allow us to maximise the efficacy of the treatment. For example, due to its larger spot size, the R34 hand piece gives enhanced PIANO tightening by treating a larger area more uniformly compared to the standard R33 hand piece.Plus, our MatrixView attachment increases your treatment comfort and safety with real-time monitoring of your skin’s temperature.This keeps your skin in its optimal temperature for best results and prevents under treatment or overheating of the skin.
- Finally, on top of the standard 4D protocol, SL Aesthetic Clinic adds a 5th SMOOTH Erbium Laser (hence, 5D) to further tighten the whole face and neck (including the back of the neck). This additional step takes Fotona 4D further, making Fotona 5D Laser our premier choice in skin tightening and lifting.
Price/Cost of Fotona 4D / 5D Laser Lift & Rejuvenation in Singapore
At SL Aesthetic Clinic, the Fotona 4D / 5D Laser Lift & Rejuvenation starts from $800 per session for 4D and from $1,200 per session for 5D.
Find out more by making an appointment with us!
The Fotona 4D Face Lift treatment is suitable for any individual who has:
- Sagging skin resulting in fine lines, wrinkles, loss of volume, apparent age spots
- Loss of skin firmness and skin laxity
- Deepening nasolabial folds
- Uneven skin tone and texture
The Fotona 4D Face Lift & Rejuvenation treatment is unsuitable in the following circumstances:
- Patients with unrealistic expectations looking to return to how they looked when they were younger
- Patients with a tendency to form keloid and hypertrophic scars
- Prior ionising radiation to the area to be treated
- Connective tissue diseases (collagenosis)
- Previous deep chemical peel or dermabrasion (within 14 days)
- Dark complexions
Nevertheless, the Fotona 4D Laser Lift & Rejuvenation is very comfortable and most individuals can tolerate without the application of numbing cream. Patients are advised to wear sunscreen daily and avoid excessive sun exposure for better results.
Individuals may experience a mild and warm prickling sensation during laser treatment. After the procedure, your skin may be flushed and become slightly sensitive, which is part of the healing process.
Downtime is minimal and can be virtually zero depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment and daily activities following treatment. Appropriate hydration and sun protection are recommended post-procedure.
The recovery period varies, depending on the individual. The skin response to the treatment also varies between individuals. The effects can be further enhanced with the appropriate post-care measures such as sun protection and an effective skincare regimen. Eventually, the procedure will restore natural elastin and collagen lost due to the ageing process.
For optimal results, we recommend a minimum of 2 sessions, with at least 1 month between treatments. Thereafter, you may only require maintenance sessions once a year.
Plus, our Fotona laser is fully equipped with additional hand pieces such as the thermal sensor, which is used to achieve optimal temperature under the skin that maximises collagen formation. Not all clinics have the full suite of Fotona handpieces.
Besides the additional 5th step which enhances the lifting effects of the Fotona laser, we also perform the treatment for a longer duration than as per usual protocol (60mins vs 30 to 45mins). This means more laser energy is used to give you a more drastic skin lifting effect.