Cosmelan Peel in Singapore
The Cosmelan System is a depigmentation treatment programme. Developed by cosmeceutical firm mesoestetic®, it can help with lightening melasma, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and other blemishes.
Cosmelan peel works by blocking the process that causes hyper-pigmentation. An alternative melasma treatment is the Pico Laser. Read more about it here.
The cosmelan peel can be effective against:
- Brown Spots
- Blotchy Skin
- Post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation (PIH)
- Prevention of hyper-pigmentation post-laser and post-peel
- Can be used for the treatment of many types of melasma
- It can be performed any time of the year
- Compatible with all skin complexions
- It allows for sun exposure without the risk of spots appearing
- It does not include TCA or hydroquinone
- side effects such as redness and flaking are minimal
- Beneficial for acne patients by reducing oil productions
- Skin becomes brighter and rejuvenated with lightening of spots and
- brown areas in about 1-4 weeks
- As with any procedure or treatment, results can vary by individual.
Cosmelan is a two part treatment. The initial treatment is an in-clinic procedure with application of the Cosmelan cream mask (Cosmelan 1). You will leave this mask on for the amount of time specified by our doctor. This is usually from 4 to 8 hours depending on your skin type. You will remove the mask with a gentle cleanser and apply the special post treatment cream that he will discuss with you.
The day following Cosmelan 1 treatment, your skin will redden and you will have mild peeling or flaking. Some patients experience stinging, itching and tightening. This is normal and symptoms may be alleviated by using the Hydra Vital Factor K Cream that will be provided.
You will be instructed as to when to begin your maintenance cream (Cosmelan 2) which will be used daily to keep your skin smooth and clear and maintain the lightening achieved with the Cosmelan 1.
Note: You should not use other skin lightening products at any time while you are on the Cosmelan program. Prior to Treatment
Patients who use glycolic acid products (or any creams that can cause dryness or peeling) must stop using them one week prior to the Cosmelan Peel. Please be sure to inform the doctor if you are using any skin bleaching or lightening products, even those purchased over the counter.
Cosmelan does not contain hydroquinone. This allows for long-term use in preventing reoccurrence of pigmentation irregularities.
Like what you read? Share them!