Your Dreams Of A Higher, Straighter Nose Bridge And Sharper Nose Tip Can Now Be Fulfilled
Say goodbye to a flat and stubby nose. And welcome a straighter, more defined nose at SL Aesthetic Clinic with our HIKO Nose Thread Lift alternative treatment in Singapore. All without invasive nose implant (rhinoplasty) surgery.
What Is Nose Thread Lift?
Nose thread lift is a non-surgical, minimally-invasive nose enhancement treatment that started in Korea and gained traction in Singapore as a safe alternative to other nose augmentation treatments such as and nose implant rhinoplasty surgery.
Nose thread lift involves using biodegradable surgical threads that are specifically enhanced to naturally improve the height and profile of the nose bridge as well as to sharpen the nose tip.
The threads used in nose thread lifts are similar to those used in surgery, and are safely synthesised using bioabsorbable materials such as polydioxanone (PDO), which is commonly used in Singapore. The threads are slowly and safely absorbed by the body over a 6 to 9- month period, with results lasting even longer.
Nose Thread Lift Enhances Your Nose In The Following Ways:
- Levels out small gaps or kinks in the nose bridge.
- Creates a higher looking nose bridge.
- Straightens the nose bridge for a straighter nose profile.
- Lifts, projects and sharpens the nose tip.
- Reduces nostril flaring.
- Improves overall nose definition for a more aesthetically pleasing set of facial features.
What Are The Pros Of Nose Thread Lift?
- Immediate effect and improvements to the nose.
- Results are long-lasting of up to a year.
- Safe, effective and a budget friendly alternative to nose filler and rhinoplasty.
What Are The Cons Of Nose Thread Lift?
- Cannot be dissolved, unlike fillers.
- Unable to correct humps/bumps on the nose bridge.
How Is Nose Thread Lift Performed?
- The entire treatment takes about 15 to30 minutes to complete. After you’ve been assessed as a suitable candidate for nose thread lift, local anaesthetic (painkillers) is injected at the point where the nose tip and nose bridge meet. This point will also serve as the only injection site for the entire procedure.
- Next, local anaesthetic is then introduced over the entire length of the nose bridge and nose tip. This is done so with a blunt and flexible cannula needle. This step numbs and prepares the area for nose thread insertion.
- The PDO nose threads are mounted on a blunt cannula and carefully inserted into your nose bridge and nose tip. As your nose is suitably anaesthetised, your comfort is maximised throughout this process.
How Does Nose Thread Lift Work?
Once inserted into your nose, the PDO nose threads help lift, sculpt and contour your nose in 2 ways:
- Mechanically: The threads act like scaffolding to the structure of your nose, giving it immediate mechanical support and enhancing your nose’s shape and definition.
- Biochemically: PDO (polydioxanone), the key component of nose threads, is fully biocompatible and has been proven to stimulate collagen production. Plus, the nose threads themselves are covered in cog-like formations or barbs that also increase collagen and tissue fibroblasts in the surrounding tissues.
Over the course of 6 to9 months, the nose threads safely and gradually dissolve and are absorbed by the body. This process stimulates collagen production and tissue fibroblasts in your nose, which continue to elevate your nose bridge and nose tip for results that can last up to 1 year, sometimes 2 years.
What Are The Brands And Types Of Nose Threads?
ArtLift – Your Safe Alternative To HIKO Nose Thread In Singapore
There are many brands of nose thread lifts in Singapore, the most common of which include HIKO nose thread and ArtLift nose thread from Korea.
At SL Aesthetic Clinic, we prefer using ArtLift as it is approved by the Health Sciences Authority of Singapore (HSA), and it is registered on the Singapore Medical Device Register (SMDR).
Always be sure that the brand of nose threads you are getting is HSA-approved and registered on the SMDR.
The Importance Of Picking The Right Nose Thread
Using the right type of thread for your nose thread lift ensures safe, lasting results. Polydioxanone (PDO) threads are most commonly used for nose thread lift in Singapore as PDO has been around the longest, with a proven track record.
Other relatively newer thread materials include polylactic acid (PLA), and polycaprolactone (PCA), which may be incorporated in nose threads in the future.
There are three main types of PDO threads, but not all are suitable for nose thread lift:
- Monofilament (mono) threads. These are smooth and thin, and are usually placed superficially under the skin to provide a skin firming effect with a small amount of lift. They may be used in conjunction with other threads for additional support but are not the most ideal for nose thread lift.
- Screw threads. These come in one or two intertwined threads around the needle and are used to provide volume restoration to larger sunken areas of the skin.
- Cog/barbed threads. These have tiny bards on their surface that hook onto the surrounding tissue to provide support, plus tissue lifting and stimulation, which make them ideal for nose thread lift.
ArtLift nose threads are PDO threads with cogs all-around on its surface for maximum support and tissue stimulation. This is another reason why we at SL Aesthetic Clinic prefer using ArtLift nose threads in Singapore.
How Many Threads Do I Need For Nose Thread Lift?
As an estimate, we use about 6 to 10 PDO cog threads to lift the nose bridge, and about 4 to 8 PDO cog threads for the nose tip. The rule of thumb is, the more lifting is required in the nose, the more threads are needed.
Plus, the exact number of threads for nose thread lift ultimately depends on the individual and the type of threads used.
For example, a seemingly high number of threads may in reality contain more monofilament threads (thinner and less effective for nose thread lifting), and a lower number of cog threads (more effective for nose thread lifting).
It is important that patients understand this difference and find out what type and number for each type of threads used in a nose thread lift.
How Long Does Nose Thread Lift Last?
Results of nose thread lift can last an average of 1 year, and sometimes up to 2 years. Our HIKO Nose Thread Lift alternative can be repeated once every 1 to 2 years, or as soon as the threads have completely been absorbed by your body.
The longevity of the results are affected by many factors such as diet, exercise, lifestyle habits (e.g., consumption of alcohol or cigarette smoking), and genetics.
What Is The Cost/Price Of Nose Thread Lift?
The price of nose thread lift in Singapore starts from $600 for a Nose Bridge Thread Lift, and from $400 for a Nose Tip Thread Lift. Prices will vary depending on the number of threads required as well as the nature of complexity presented by individual patients.